On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 03:09:41PM -0500, Kevin Ednalino wrote:
> I also found the issue was brought up previously:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/picolisp@software-lab.de/msg10799.html

Oh, yes, I completely forgot that thread ;)

> I agree with keeping the spec small (in regards to the most recent
> discussion), but possibly another token to identify bignum returns?

I think the spec does not need to be changed. On the Lisp level short and
bignums are transparently handled.

Note that it is not only the return. Passing 1.0 with scale 19 to native already
gives a bignum.

The conversion function can easily detect the type (short or big) when
converting to float, and overflow to bignum if necessary when converting back
to PicoLisp numbers.

This should really be fixed ... I check it next weekend.

☺/ A!ex