Hi Alex,
yes, *ID is NIL when I debug it (see PS1).
I'm not sure how to debug (app), but all global vars except *PID seem to be
NIL ...

I think it's a WSL2 localhost problem, not a bug in PicoLisp.
Not too long ago I tried accessing the pil wiki server running on WSL2 from
the Win10 Browser (say Edge), and that did not work at all.
Now it seems they have fixed that ,what is very nice, but still not the
same like pure Linux apparently.

Checking localhost everything seems normal (see PS 2) , but e.g this
article describes a lot of problems:
Fixing WSL2 localhost access issue - abdus.dev
<https://abdus.dev/posts/fixing-wsl2-localhost-access-issue/>

Cheers
Thorsten

PS 1
$  pil wiki/main.l -main -go +
(and (== 'login *ID) (app))
! *ID
-> NIL
! (setq *ID 123456789)   # naive try
-> 123456789

# naiv try did not work
Can't load -2.html?*Menu=+0&*Tab=+1&*ID=+123456789&*ID=$login

PS 2
$ ping -a localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.

# type c (peek current url) in W3M : wiki start page
http://localhost:8080/

# $ sudo cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       xyz.localdomain      xyz