I have uploaded the current development version to

Please extract it into ~/.pida2/plugins

The filename of the file that is to be compiled and the filename of the
pdf are both hard-coded. You have to edit
pdftex_preview/pdftex_preview.py und change both filenames to your
needs. It's line 24 and 25 you have to edit.

The controller combobox does currently nothing (except of displaying a
list of existing controllers).

There is at least one bug in pida that has to be fixed before there will
be a final release, so there is no plan for a release yet. Please feel
free to send me comments and improvement suggestions.
(The plan is to write a new controller type for compiling latex
documents. In the preview panel you will be able to choose a controller
that is used to compile the document and also contains the filename of
the pdf.)

Best wishes,