From: Raghu Angadi [mailto:rang...@yahoo-inc.com] Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:06 PM
To: pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Proposal to create a branch for contrib project Zebra

Thanks to the PIG team, The first version of contrib project Zebra (PIG-833) is committed to PIG trunk.

In short, Zebra is a table storage layer built for use in PIG and other Hadoop applications.

While we are stabilizing current version V1 in the trunk, we plan to add

more new features to it. We would like to create an svn branch for the new features. We will be responsible for managing zebra in PIG trunk and

in the new branch. We will merge the branch when it is ready. We expect the changes to affect only 'contrib/zebra' directory.

As a regular contributor to Hadoop, I will be the initial committer for Zebra. As more patches are contributed by other Zebra developers, there might be more commiters added through normal Hadoop/Apache procedure.

I would like to create a branch called 'zebra-v2' with approval from PIG

team.

Thanks,
Raghu.