On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Stephen R. van den Berg <s...@cuci.nl> wrote:
> Chris Angelico wrote:
>>On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:05 PM, Mirar @ Pike  developers forum
>><10...@lyskom.lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>>> Wait, I said REUSEPORT? What's the difference to REUSEADDR? Mysteries
>>> of TCP sockets...
>
>>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t
>
> Well, to be honest, I've only ever used and use REUSEADDR.
> I'd say reuseaddr is more useful than reuseport, because the difference
> will not be understood by the casual user, and reuseaddr has the
> DWIM advantage here.

Separately to the REUSE* questions, I've been experimenting today with
the IP_TOS settings, and to that end, dusted off this branch.

Changes today:

1) Rebased rosuav/sockopt onto the current 8.1, so it's now current again
2) Changed setsockopt() to take three parameters so the level can be specified
3) Added a bunch more constants, including some from a new header file.

The change is taking effect - I can see it in my outgoing logs -
although whether it actually improves performance or not is another
question. Example usage:

https://github.com/Rosuav/Gypsum/commit/945b88

ChrisA