Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>With regard to the Shuffler: the Pike 8.0 shuffler is very fragile
>and could (at any time) result in datacorruption and/or segmentation faults.
>Even though, considering the incremental discovery of all the
>errors in the Shuffler feels a bit like whack-a-mole, I can reason that
>most likely the grave memory corruption bugs are gone, considering
>that all callback connections between Shuffle and sources have now
>been covered and rewritten.

I checked the 8.0 version of the Shuffler.  There are some differences, not
sure if they present a problem backporting.  The simplest would probably
be to replace the whole 8.0 version of the module with the 8.1 version;
the question is if that would be a viable option (or even works without
too much trouble).

I personally have no need for a working Shuffler in 8.0, so I'll leave it
untouched.
--
Stephen.