On 2013-07-30 10:30, Michael Wessel wrote:

Unfortunately I'm no good with SELinux... But I should probably sit
down and learn it and figure this out. I'll update this if I actually
manage to do this in the near future.

no problem

 After that I had 2 other gotchas. One was that I had to create
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/piler.conf and add to it: /usr/local/lib
 Then run ldconfig

hmm, isn't /usr/local/lib in the default path?
not on Centos 6.4 at least:
echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
so that could be added to the install script

I didn't mean the PATH variable, but rather LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the contents
of /etc/ld.so.conf*

Great, that did indeed handle it (an empty string).

I modified it to be the default.

Hm, that's what it was set to originally ($11) and it does return the
%idle value and saves it to /var/piler/stat/cpu.stat:
Some digging found that the problem was that the value simply wasn't
being read. The /var/piler directory had a 700 permission set, not
sure why but changing that to 755 resolved this.

hmm, what's your umask value?

I know I keep tagging on to this, but one more question came up. I

don't worry, if someone finds a bug, I want it to be fixed :-)

was looking at the archive size reported which is currently at
1612.5MB.
du -sh /var/piler reports 1005MB and the MySQL database is only 20MB.
Where does the rather significant difference come in?

the reported archive size comes from a counter (see the counter sql table). Its value is updated whenever a message is archived, and it's the raw size of the message. So 1612 MB means that piler archived ~1.8 GB of your emails (emails on disk occupy more blocks due to the nature of block allocation).

However piler stores the emails compressed, that's why the actual size on disk is less. It could be even less, but /var/piler/sphinx also takes some (actually
much) disk space.

Janos