From: Arthur Emerson [mailto:arthur.emer...@msmc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:24 AM
To: piler-user@list.acts.hu
Subject: Re: New Install issues

Steve,

I have a question regarding your diagram.  Are you archiving
internal->internal email with this setup?  Every mail server that I
have worked with over the years would do local delivery if it could, and not
pass the message up to the MTA without a lot of arm-twisting.
If you had to do something special, it should probably be noted in the diagram.

I haven't been following Warren's thread, but am baffled about why he chose to
set up a virtual domain on his mail server instead of just forwarding the mail
to Piler as SMTP?  It has been a while since I read the Piler docs, but my
impression was that the POP stuff was only there for importing old messages
into a new Piler install...not as the primary interface method...

-Arthur

Arthur Emerson III                 Email:      emer...@msmc.edu
Network Administrator              InterNIC:   AE81
Mount Saint Mary College           MaBell:     (845) 561-0800 Ext. 3109
330 Powell Ave.                    Fax:        (845) 562-6762
Newburgh, NY  12550                SneakerNet: Aquinas Hall Room 008-A