--- ragowaring <ragowar...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Dear Christopher
>
> lf you go to http://www.ilford.com  you will find in one of the pages the
> technical information on the paper that you are looking for.  The actual
> page is
>  http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/multirc/multi_iv_rc.html#Te
> chnical%20Data
> which is a bit of a type-full. It is easier to click 'products' when you get
> to the homepage.
>
> There is no mention of 'deluxe' so I assume that 'portfolio' is the same,
> the backing may change but not the emulsion in all probability.
>
> Anyway, the iso is 500 if you are not using any filters to alter the
> contrast range of the paper.

However, you should not confuse paper speed with film speed.  The 500 speed
indicated here does not relate to that same speed when applied to film.

When I was using paper, I generally tested it at EI 2 and adjusted from there.
If you are using variable contrast paper, you can consider using filters to
accommodate the contrast range of the scene.  Since I had to cut down the
filters I purchased for use in my enlarger, they found a use in my cameras when
using paper.  Of course, you will need to accommodate the reduction in speed if
you use them.

Cheers -

george

=====