Hi,
I also built a Bender Pinhole and use regular sheet film as well as a Polaroid
545 holder I picked up on ebay for about $85.00.  It proved invluable in
showing me that I had a light leak where the holder sat and needed to add felt
strips where the film holder made contact.  It also showed me that I had a
vignetting effect I didn't want.  Because of the instant pictures I was able to
diagnose the problems and fix them very quickly.  The polaroid is also a great
way to check the alignment of shots before using conventional film, although it
is somewhat expensive.  I recommend the Polapan 72, a high speed B/W film that
does not require coating as other types do.  My picture on Pinhole Day was with
the Bender.  I'm very happy with it.