Gmail forgot about the list... ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Raúl Sánchez Siles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: 08-jun-2008 0:32 Subject: Re: [Newbie] Trying to solve bug #484855 as a test case To: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hello: 2008/6/7, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > <newbie warning> > > Let's supose I want to fix a bug. I'll take #484855 [0] as an example, as I > filled it myself (I am _not_ saying I will fix it, that would be awesome, but > what I want is to start learning the steps to become useful round here :-) ) > > I do not know the steps neede to do this, but I imagine something like: > > * Download the src package This is OK at first glance, but I suggest installing subversion, devscripts and do a debcheckout of the package. Check debcheckout man for more info. > * As this is a depend bug, I need to change the ¿control? [1] file of the > package to add the correct depends. > * Re make the package and send it to a sponsor (I am not a DD as you may all > have already guessed :-) ) Better than this, do the changes on you debian dir WC, build and then send the patch (svn diff) to this list for example. > * Iterate on the sponsor's reply > * Have the bug fixed, and some fun too :-) Someone will accept the patch and apply it to the Debian pkg-kde svn repo. > > Comments, ideas, RTFMs with proper urls welcomed :-D > > [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=484855 > [1] I know very little about packaging, but I can ask Marga Manterola for some > howtos and/or doc. Of course, if you can and will, you can provide me with > that too. > > </newbie warning> > > Regards, Lisandro. > > > Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer > http://perezmeyer.com.ar/ > > I see you are quite interested in helping. This is very good ;) Go on like that ;) Regards, Raúl -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
