El Monday 09 June 2008 16:40:07 Miguel Figueiredo escribió: > A Monday 09 June 2008 20:05:14, Ana Guerrero escreveu: > > [...] > > > You have 2 versions of every program: 2 konqueror, 2 kopete, etc. Some > > distributions have handled install both version using non-standard paths, > > that is not allowed in Debian and usually revert the changes made too > > much problems. > > So it was never considered. > > > > Ana > > It may not be feasible and/or wished for kde but we do have sets of > packages where versions coexist together, like the GNU compiler colection > (gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4) on the current 'stable'.
But kde has to access .kde, and I do not think it's a good idea to share it between kde3 and kde4. At least that's what I understand of the problem. Anyway, as Ana says, there are always the backports. Regards, Lisandro. -- Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. -- Groucho Marx Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
