Le Wednesday 20 August 2008 18:54:30 Matthias, vous avez écrit : > Hi! > > I'm not sure whether this is the right way (TM) to give you this > information or whether it should be filled in bug reports...
Thanks for your testing. User reports are always valuable. > Anyway. First, let me thank you for the integration work, after switching > from apt-get to aptitude the upgrade was a breeze. There were no "show > stoppers" only a few glitches which I'm reporting: > > When I added a start icon for the showimg application to my panel I didn't > get the appropriate icon. I fixed this by copying the > /usr/share/applications/kde/gwenview.desktop file to showimg.desktop and > modifyed it with a text editor. The other applications showed their correct > icon. > Should I file a bug report? Yes, it's a bug to be addressed in the gwenview package. > When updating kmail I used > aptitude -t experimental install kontact > and expected that kmail would automagically be updated to. But it wasn't. > Shouldn't there be a dependency taking care of this? The kontact > kmail recommend is not versionned. Anyway, the proper way to do this would be to upgrade the kdepim meta-package which has the right dependencies. I think it should be considered a bug anyway. > After aptitude upgraded kmail (from the KDE 3.5.9 Version to KDE 4.1 > version) the start icon I added to the panel didn't start kmail anymore. I > manually set the desktop file path in .kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc > to > > Url=file:///usr/share/applications/kde4/KMail.desktop > > restarted the desktop and kmail launches again. So I expect that with other > KDE programs making their transition from KDE 3 to KDE 4 they will face the > same problem. > > kmail started and told me that this was the first start and I should do > some configuration. I aborted kmail, copied my .kde/share/apps/kmail > directory to .kde4/share/apps as well as the files > .kde/share/config/kmailrc and .kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc > After starting kmail again everything was in place except my identity as > well as my accounts sending settings. I had to configure them via the > settings menu. Is there any transition tool planed for such situations? Last two issues are migration issues we don't have a policy about yet. There have been some talks about this in the team. I didn't know the panel issue btw, but don't see an easy way to fix it automatically. Regards -- Xavier Vello -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
