I mostly agree with Ana's comments, but I think I have a couple of additions.
I can't be certain but I would bet that KDE 4.4 will not depend on Qt4.6 unless there is at least a release candiate of 4.6 at the time of KDE soft feature freeze (actually that would have to be very soon, it would probably be hard to remove 4.6 dependencies). Personally I like the idea of going for a very late patch release of a KDE release, e.g. the latest 4.3 because 4.4 will very likely introduce a lot of new stuff. Speaking as a KDEPIM developer, 4.4 is the release we are currently targeting or addressbook and calendar porting to Akonadi [1]. This is very nice for us as developers, however there are still issues for certain types of deployment, mainly because non of the embedded style database backends (SQLite, MySQL/Embedded) qualify for being our (Akonadi's) default yet. Cheers, Kevin [1] Some functionality might even depend on Nepomuk -- Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer KDE user support, developer mentoring
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
