Hello Qt/Kde maintainers, I maintain the LibQxt package which is a Qt extension library. LibQxt source package provides multiple binary packages (core and modules). I want to improve the package quality using symbols files but I have some troubles and I need some help.
I used pkg-kde-tools to create symbols files for each core and modules of LibQxt. I followed the pkg-kde.alioth documentation page [1]. After that, I built the package without any errors. But when the package was uploaded and built on other architectures the build fail because of differences between symbols files : dpkg-gensymbols: warning: some new symbols appeared in the symbols file: see diff output below dpkg-gensymbols: warning: some symbols or patterns disappeared in the symbols file: see diff output below dpkg-gensymbols: warning: debian/libqxt-core0/DEBIAN/symbols doesn't match completely debian/libqxt-core0.symbols [ ...diff below...] So, I used this command to patch each libraries components : pkgkde-symbolshelper batchpatch -v 1.8 buildlog I repeated this for each architectures and I obtained symbols files which was "confirmed" for all architectures. After a new upload, the build process on some architectures failed again cause of new differences! (see all build logs here [2]) I also remark that some builds failed for the same reasons if I build on stable instead of unstable repository. Finally, I don't know why the symbols are different according to architectures and repositories. Maybe I simply can't use symbol files with this library! Maybe someone have an idea about this situation? Thanks for your help. Best regards, Thomas Pierson -- [2] Builds logs for the two last uploads : * https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libqxt * http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=libqxt [1] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/symbolfiles.html
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
