On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 17:22 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 11:13 -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA256
> > On 02/09/10 05:10, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > >>> So another approach would be to repackage the
> > >>> tarball to just include the COPYING file. While we are at it, we could
> > >>> also use the new Makefile and get rid of the other patch.
> > >>
> > >> Instead of using a quilt patch should I simply replace the Makefile with
> > >> the new one and check that into the master branch?
> > >
> > > no, that would be pretty confusing. I'd rather do these changes in the
> > > 'upstream' branch branch, and have a wiimote-0.3.1.dfsg1.orig.tar.gz
> > > created or something.
> > >
> > The correct approach is to have upstream fix this, not us. In the
> > current workflow, touching the upstream branch for stuff other than
> > merging upstream versions is wrong IMO.
> Ok. It's in progress. I'll report back, when done.
First off, many thanks to you all for your help.
IOhannes helped me putting up a new upstream version 0.3.2, which has
now a fixed Makefile and also a license file. So I could remove the
quilt patch wierdness.
I hope it looks OK now.
Ah, one thing: Since it wasn't put to the archive yet, I didn't add a
new changelog entry, but updated the existing one. Is this the correct
pkg-multimedia-maintainers mailing list