On 2008-08-29 14:26-0700 Jerry wrote:

> Alan, your bug report was noticed by a person at comp.lang.ada. I
> added a post there to try to get more people to test on 32- and 64-
> bit systems.
>
> There have been a few suggestions on things to try posted at
> comp.lang.ada but not having access to a 64-bit crasher makes it
> hard. I could code up a couple of things and let someone else try
> them if someone is inclined to play with it.

I would be happy to try any variations of the simple test case that you
would like tested.

> FWIW, the comp.lang.ada thread is here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/
> 0e5a3abec221df39?hl=en

The above URL didn't work for me, but
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/0e5a3abec221df39#
does.  It appears you got lots of interest and speculation which is good,
but I am disappointed that nobody has actually tried the test case, yet.  To
add some additional motivation for potential testers, you might want to
refer directly to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;filename=simple_test_case.tar.gz;att=1;bug=497067
(the test tarball I attached to my bug report), and give the cookbook
(tested by you) for downloading, unpacking, building, and running that test
case.  A tarball is a lot more convenient for potential testers than cutting
and pasting the test source code from e-mails with concerns about
completeness, line wrapping, etc.