Hi Robert:

On 2008-10-08 11:31+0200 Robert Pollak wrote:

> A build with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON gets problems at the same location (in
> unmodified rev8861):

What happens for revision 8864 for the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON case?  Could you
also confirm you are using ENABLE_DYNDRIVERS=OFF?  (I think that result will
happen by default since libltdl is not readily available on Windows.  You
should get a WARNING message from cmake about that.)

> [...]Further investigation shows that MAKINGPLDLL is not defined when
> compiling hpgl.c.

For the ENABLE_DYNDRIVERS=ON case, USINGPLDLL is set (see lines 66 and 72 of
drivers/CMakeLists.txt) which is the obviously correct thing to do in that
case where the drivers are compiled as separate plug-ins that are dynamically
loaded by libplplotd.

For the ENABLE_DYNDRIVERS=OFF case, the drivers are built as part of the
source for libplplotd and MAKINGPLDLL should be defined for that library
build (see src/CMakeLists.txt).  Thus, I am puzzled how you got the above
result with MAKINGPLDLL not defined.

Thanks, again, Robert, for your bug reports.  They should be most helpful in
getting this import/export logic straightened out for your particular
platform and chosen build options.