On 2008-10-21 06:28+0200 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing a few problems with the new dynamic drivers
> under MinGW (MSYS+MinGW to be more precise).

[...]
> [ 19%] Built target get-drv-info
> [ 19%] Built target ps
> [ 20%] Built target ps_CHECK
> Scanning dependencies of target wingcc
> [ 20%] Building C object drivers/CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj
> Linking C shared module ../dll/wingcc.dll
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x2d2):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x325):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x343):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x3ad):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x42a):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> CMakeFiles/wingcc.dir/wingcc.obj(.text+0x44b):wingcc.c: undefined
> reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

I believe the above messages indicate target ps was already built (i.e., a
stale build tree).  It is possible it was built correctly the first time
you ran this. Therefore, could you try again with an initially empty build
tree and disabling all devices other than ps just to see if the general
method works for ps alone?

Anticipating that your further results will show complete succuss for ps
alone, then the next question is what is the linking issue with the wingcc
dynamic device driver build?  It's quite possible cmake has not set that up
properly for the dynamic drivers case since you are the first to test that
case for that device driver. For the ps case the dynamic build has been
throughly tested on all non-Windows platforms so that's why I think it will
work for you, but it is impossible to do such non-windows testing of wingcc.
Anyhow, you will probably have a lot better idea what the linking problem
for wingcc is once you output the complete build commands.  On Linux that
can be done with "make VERBOSE=1". If I recall correctly there is a similar
method (maybe the same one) that will work for MinGW/MSYS, but if you cannot
remember what that is, maybe Werner knows the details?