On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Hezekiah M. Carty
<hezekiahca...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Alan W. Irwin
> <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:

>>> Hmm. after updating to get your fix and "make cairo" I still get the same
>>> (bad) result (with page 1 still visible underneath) for
>>>
>>> examples/c/x02c -dev xcairo  -bg 0000FF_0.1
>>>
>>> examples/c/x02c -dev qtwidget -bg 0000FF_01
>>>
>>> was fine.
>>>

> I get similar results on a fresh trunk source tree.  What should the
> default background color be?  The qtwidget device seems to assume
> white as the default background, regardless of the base color palette:

Revision 10866 should fix this.  If the background color has an alpha
value < 1.0 then a white surface is drawn before the transparent
background color.  This produces good looking results for all of the
Cairo devices on my system (Ubuntu 9.10, Cairo 1.8.8).

Hez