As part of the pilot effort, be sure to test interoperability with git under
Cygwin.  In a previous position I worked with another developer who used that
configuration, and his added files had their permissions all messed up when
checking out under Linux.  Basically all the rwx bits were set.  When I unset
the ones I didn't want, he got conflicts when trying to check out.  Might be
an easily resolved issue, I never did figure it out.  Was a few years back.

--
Maurice LeBrun