Hi Pedro, Alan
I'm still unable to reproduce the problem on my Ubuntu 14.04 system
with wxWidgets 3.0. Very strange. I have tried a totally fresh build
directory and static and dynamic builds.

I had forgotten to test on my work CentOS PC and although I know it is
powered on I can't ssh into it. I'm not sure why. I will test it when
I get in tomorrow.

I can't help feeling that there is something that we are missing here.
Given both I and Pedro have tested on Ubuntu 14.04 there must be
something different between the two systems.

Phil