From: Alan W. Irwin
Sent: 29 December 2016 00:48
To: Laurent Berger; Phil Rosenberg; Pedro Vicente; PLplot development list
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] legend and label using wxWidgets

On 2016-12-28 23:19+0100 Laurent Berger wrote:

> wxwidgets commit 0bf38e1 x04 y axis label is good
> (https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/0bf38e11a33005e289e30c8bc7c67563eae061be)
>
> wxwidgets commit 49000def x04 y axis label is false
> (https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/49000defcfb11b409d8935126981b14169ee62a3)

Hi Laurent:

The github repositories for PLplot are experimental.  Therefore,
please use official PLplot resources (your local git repository that has been
cloned from our official SF repository) to do tests and describe the
resulting commits. For example those two commits do not even exist on
our SF repository so something different has occurred on the
experimental github version you have been testing with, and that adds
an element of uncertainty to your results.

If you get to a similar result for the official version (one commit
good, the other not) that, of course, would be an extremely useful
result to us for figuring out what is going wrong here for you.  But
if you haven't done so already, I would follow up with git bisect to
find the first commit that generates the bad result.  And if you
haven't run "git bisect" before, it is actually a lot of fun, and "git
help bisect" gives you all the information you need to run it.