On 2016-12-29 08:50-0000 p.d.rosenb...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Alan

> Theose are wxWidgets commits from the wxWidgets repo. WxWidgets have
made a change which I presume has exposed a bug in our code (or maybe
there is a bug in their code, but I think that's less likely).

@Laurent:
Oops!  Sorry for misreading your post.

@Phil and Laurent:

My comment about git bisect still stands, but in this case the idea
would be to find the first WxWidgets commit that generates bad results
for PLplot.  Of course, that means for each bisect iteration you would
be rebuilding both WxWidgets and PLplot, but bisection is terrifically
efficient so you would likely end up doing those builds less than 10
times.

Once you know that WxWidgets commit that generates the issue for the
first time, then you might be able to tell a lot more from the
associated commit message to help you figure out whether this is a
WxWidgets bug, a WxWidgets change that exposes a PLplot bug, or
deliberate or accidental WxWidgets API breakage (e.g., changing the
semantics of one or more WxWidgets function arguments).

Anyhow, good luck on this hunt for the cause of the issue.