Hi Arjen:

Here is the promised further discussion concerning the timing
of this release.

The current status is I have just completed both noninteractive and
interactive testing on Debian Jessie with no release-critical issues,
and that is probably enough right there to justify a release since
it is important we make the work done in this release cycle readily
available to our users, and this release is already at least a month
late.

So I plan to do everything in README.Release_Manager_Cookbook starting
tomorrow (Saturday) other than actually tagging the release and
uploading the tarball.  And that should put me in a good position to
release quickly (which is important to me for the above reason).  But
I am willing to wait for two or three days for you to finish off
noninteractive comprehensive testing on MinGW-w64/MSYS2 since you
appear to be so close to that goal thanks to your much-appreciated
efforts this week.

The status for MinGW-w64/MSYS2 is your noninteractive comprehensive
test report looks fine, but ideally I would like to follow up by
looking at detailed plot results for *all* noninteractive devices (not
just the psc ones) on that platform to make sure there are no major
rendering issues on that platform for any of those devices.  My last
post to you was about how to get those plot results to me. But if I
don't get access to those plot results by, say, Tuesday, August 22nd I will probably just go ahead and release early on that day my time
(i.e., about 16:00 UTC) without that ideal follow up.  But if you
contact me before that, I might be able to release even earlier than
that deadline.

Here are the remaining comprehensive tests that you should still
eventually complete beyond the noninteractive MinGW-w64/MSYS2 case
summarized above. The question about these tests is do you feel an
urgent need to finish any of them now before the release or are you
comfortable with doing them later?  If I don't hear from you on this
question by Tuesday 16:00 UTC, I will assume the answer is you are
comfortable with putting them off.

1. Finish your noninteractive comprehensive testing on Cygwin. As I
recall the status in this case, there are platform regressions you
need to sort out here relative to your successful comprehensive test
for this platform for 5.12.0.

2. Finish your noninteractive comprehensive testing on MSVC.
As I recall the script did not complete, but the partial result
looked promising so I asked you to run the script again with
one component disabled to see if you could get success that
way.

3. Finish interactive comprehensive testing on Cygwin, MinGW-w64/MSYS2
and MSVC for wxwidgets.

I recall that wxwidgets is currently problematic on Cygwin because of
find issues there that you still need to debug.

I recall you already had a certain amount of success with such tests
previously for both MinGW-w64/MSYS2 and MSVC, but that was before the
uninitialized variable fix in the wxwidgets code, and also I believe
one or both of those platform tests was too limited (e.g., only shared
library or maybe even only shared library/build tree).

In sum, in the interest of getting this release done in a timely
manner, I am fine with you putting off the above 3 comprehensive test
efforts until later.  So assuming you agree, I am very much looking
forward to releasing 5.13.0 on or before Tuesday, August 22nd 16:00
UTC.

Thanks once again for all your testing and other help that has made
the PLplot-5.13.0 release so much better than it would have been otherwise.