I need a document, ideally a .pdb, that I can test Plucker's unicode
handling on.  Does anyone have such a document?  Alex

This is news to me. Since when does the Viewer support Unicode?

The Plucker spec says that text data records contain a stream of ISO
Latin-1 characters. This is only partially correct, because Palms with Western European languages (English/French/German/etc.) use PalmLatin encoding, which is a derivative of Windows-1252. AFAIK, no Palm actually supports strict ISO-8859-1 (Latin1). Note that ISO-8859-1 contains control characters in positions #129-#159(which are essentially useless on a PDA) whereas PalmLatin contains symbols such as the Euro sign in this section.

Anyway, I tried writing out text using UTF-8 and UTF-16 and the documents all came out wrong in the Viewer. Actually I don't understand how the Viewer handles different character encodings(if it does at all). It displays different 8-bit encodings (Big-5, ISO-8859-2, KOI8-R) fine, as long as the font set on the Palm matches the character set. But variable-length encodings like UTF-8 or 16-bit encodings such as UTF-16 do not seem to be supported.

(I would take a look at the source code if I could, but the CVS and the entire plkr.org site seem to be down at the moment.)

Regards -Laurens