On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 10:44:03AM +0200, Michael Nordstrom wrote:
> "Enable dynamic scrollbar" should be moved to General (i.e. together
> with the scrollbar option) or maybe it should be the default action
> and removed from the preferences.

The only problem with making this the default (and only) option is for
Non-OS5 hires devices (esp colour ones). There's still a nasty lag in
using the scrollbar and dragging up and down. The same issue can be
seen with the whole MODE3.

I'm not opposing the change, but just stating this for the record :)

> I welcome other suggestions on how to keep the size under control...

I saw an idea online a while ago which talked about converting your
8bit colour bitmaps to 4bit plus an image map. I forget where I saw it
but there were coding examples on how to do this.

Right now all our 8bit icons are taking up about 70k in space
(du -cb *8bpp*) not taking into account compression done by pilrc.

Theoretically, this could cut that value down by half.

--
Adam McDaniel
Array.org