On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Michael Nordstrom wrote:
> Still, I suggest we create three different versions, one "light"
> version, one with all features except hires (and any feature only
> related to hires devices), and one version with everything.

Good.

Question: Maybe we should remove the lo-res fonts from the hi-res
version?  If one is getting the hi-res version, one obviously doesn't need
them.

Anyway, to move in the direction of a light version, there is now (or will
be once the commit over the dial-up line finishes) --disable-rotate.

One thing that I think we should do is that if we disable a feature, we
should still keep space in the prefs database for the feature, so that the
prefs are compatible across all currently distributed binaries for the
same version number.;  At least this is what I did with Prefs()->rotate.

On the memory saving front, I can save 2K or so by changing all
Prefs()->x references to globalPrefs.x or something like that.  Should I?

Alex

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss  || e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Philosophy Department   || online papers and home page: