On Mon, Oct 06, 2003, Matsumoto Masakazu wrote:
> Actually, it is checked every time when rendering in my current
> implementation. It makes rendering a little bit slower only when you
> enable this feature.

What is this "feature" supposed to add that isn't already available?
What is the problem with using the external form? For a feature like
this to be added to the viewer it has to solve a "real" problem...

Tapping on a link and not get any kind of response seems (to me at
least) to be a bad UI design choice.

> A little bit smarter way will be to keep extra bits for each recordId
> whether the link is internal, external, or unknown.

So to support a superfluous feature we should make the rest of the
code more complex; that won't happen ;-) The main objective should
be to *decrease* the amount of unnecessary code, not to increase it.

/Mike