Jewett, Jim J wrote:
> Rendering external links differently would save me the few
> keystrokes of selecting the link and going back.

That's why I put the option in JPluck to assign a distinct color to external
links. This makes a real difference when viewing a document with
many unresolved links scattered throughout the text. (This scheme does break
down with image links, but it is very useful nonetheless.) Tapping a link
only to find out it isn't in the document is a major annoyance. IMO the
viewer should be a little smarter in this respect, rather than rely on the
parsers to do this work. The link ID can easily be checked against the
number of records in the database. This is a simple test that should not
have much impact (if any) on performance. (I haven't looked at the page
rendering code yet, though.)

Regards
-Laurens