On 5/9/08, Edel SM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/9/08, fooler mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > consult your ppp manual and enable lcp echo for link state check...
>
> thanks for the reminder. i think it will be lighter to use
> lcp-echo-XXX than the shell script i am currently using.

yup so that the ppp0 interface is released when the link state is down...

> last question, is yhis also applicable to windows? my current/hopeless
> dsl connection has 55db of line attenuation and 5db SNR. forcing
> reconnect keeps my head a little cooler. i keep windows for the
> family.

in the pppoe dialer properties.. look for redialing options... enable
redial if the line is dropped..

but this is not the solution to your problem... you must call your dsl
provider to replace your dsl filter and to check your telephone line
to eliminate the noise...

fooler.