On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:22:33 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Pruett <j...@clean.q7.com> dijo:

> > That "is* one annoyance, the red 'zomG if you don't download your system
> > will be COMPROMISED' arrow does NOT let you ignore upgrades to software
> > you don't even use. I use Thunderbird but if I uncheck all the EUDORA
> > stuff the arrow stays on - I have to download megs and megs of stuff
> > just to make it GO AWAY.
>
> if there are packages you don't use, uninstall them.  that will eliminate
> the update notices and make your hard disk lighter :-).

Excellent advice, but not as simple as it sounds. E.g., I don't use
Evolution for mail, but I think that other applications use parts of it.
Personally, I just make sure I have a big enough hard disk and leave
alone the stuff that ain't broke.