On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> wrote:
> top - 09:37:44 up 25 days, 15:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.80, 0.44, 0.42
> Tasks: 225 total,   2 running, 223 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
> %Cpu(s):  3.6 us,  4.5 sy,  0.0 ni, 91.7 id,  0.3 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,
> 0.0 st

I'm so far out of the "practical Linux performance debugging" loop it
ain't funny, especially for desktops as the only Linux I've run in the
past many years is Ubuntu Server, from a command line. No screensaver
to worry about. So I'm somewhat blindly suggesting it "feels" a lot
like a hard drive / network delay on wakeup.

Have you done anything with mounted network drives lately, removed
them from the server but not your path or otherwise created something
that might need to timeout before your desktop can resume?

Do you have a tool that can show how busy the hard drive is during the
seconds the system is waking up? (Is there even such a tool?) Is the
HD access light on constantly during resume?

Have you tried switching to a SSD? ;-)

Regards,
NealS