On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Dick Steffens wrote:

> I have an annoyance with Libre Office.

Dick,
   No surprise there. :-)

> I have a spreadsheet that I set to take up a certain amount of screen
> space. If I have nothing else open in LibreOffice, and I close that
> spreadsheet, but not LibreOffice, I get what I'm sure they intend to be a
> helpful preview kind of window with a column of commands on the left and a
> collection of recently used documents on the right. My annoyance is with
> how the window size does not revert to the size I had set for the
> spreadsheet when I reopen it.

   That's the default window if you do not specify a document type. I suspect
that it has the standard LO default size. Perhaps expanding it to your
desired size will allow the spreadsheet to fill the same space when
re-opened.

   Alternatively, if your desktop environment allows you to define the
command line for applications opened from an icon or menu, set the geometry
parameter to the desired window size. Not sure that works for LO but here
(with Xfce4) I can define the default geometry and window position for
applications.

HTH,

Rich