On 07/26/2017 08:54 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> I have an annoyance with Libre Office.
> Dick,
>     No surprise there. :-)
>
>> I have a spreadsheet that I set to take up a certain amount of screen
>> space. If I have nothing else open in LibreOffice, and I close that
>> spreadsheet, but not LibreOffice, I get what I'm sure they intend to be a
>> helpful preview kind of window with a column of commands on the left and a
>> collection of recently used documents on the right. My annoyance is with
>> how the window size does not revert to the size I had set for the
>> spreadsheet when I reopen it.
>     That's the default window if you do not specify a document type. I suspect
> that it has the standard LO default size. Perhaps expanding it to your
> desired size will allow the spreadsheet to fill the same space when
> re-opened.

My problem is that I want a smaller window for my spreadsheet, which I
can easily get by resizing, but it's annoying to have to do something
that used to automatically work. It still works if I have some other LO
window open, like a LO writer document, or if there's no other LO window
open.

>     Alternatively, if your desktop environment allows you to define the
> command line for applications opened from an icon or menu, set the geometry
> parameter to the desired window size. Not sure that works for LO but here
> (with Xfce4) I can define the default geometry and window position for
> applications.

That would be good if I wanted all invocations to open in one set size.
I have different spreadsheets and writer documents that want to be
different sizes. LO knows about them, and usually does the right thing.

So, what I'll look for is if there's a way to change the default window
with no document specified. I have no use for the collection of
previously worked on documents, so I'll see if there's some way to turn
that feature off.

Thanks for the thoughts.

--
Regards,