I am not sure you would have to check on each manufacturer, the best ones
are on line double conversion
the power goes through the UPS, it is rectified, the battery floats on it
and the DC feeds an inverter so that
the load never sees mains power. The rest of them are some form of
standby/offline UPS which switches
to the battery backed inverter if there is a failure or sag of some sort on
the power line. The better ones will
have line filtering to clean up the trash that is sometimes called utility
power, again your mileage may vary
Google is you friend on this one.

Most of the better "pure sine wave" units do quite well, Triplite was used
heavily on the glass container
inspection machines I worked on, some plants had their own gen stations and
the power was "up and down"
line wiese (voltage and frequency) those never seemed to go offline they
just did their job.  In the hospital
labs we have been using Cyber Power, these UPS also appear to do the job,
everywhere we have  put
equipment behind them we have had no more issues with DOA PSU's and logic
modules.  There is APC
which is all over the place, my issue with them was mainly that was the go
to by the BioMed folks and
APC kept on selling them modified sine wave vice pure sine wave and we
would continue to have issues.
Why APC would sell them modified sine wave when we had told them that they
needed pure sine wave
I do not not but kind of left a bad note in my mind about APC.
I have a lab that put in APC pure sine wave and they have had no issues
with power since. So I think that
as long as you do a bit of due diligence you are probably in good shape.