On Sun, 4 Feb 2018, John Sechrest wrote:

As far as I can tell, the question and the resulting info was useful.
Thanks for asking, and thanks for helping us understand the range of how
people approach the internet.

  If I may add my perspective, some (many?) list subscribers support (or
must work with) multiple OSes in their work and likely have more insight
into issues like Richard's brother has that would a strictly
microsoft-centric mail list or web forum. I'm not bothered at all when
someone asks for help with a non-linux question.

Rich