On 02/05/2018 02:29 PM, Mke C> wrote:
On 02/05/2018 12:00 PM, plug-requ...@pdxlinux.org wrote:
When helping people is considered offensive, I don?t think I want to be part of the group any more.

I feel like an owe Richard an apology for my snarky, unhelpful and ultimately troublesome comments. I personally don't use MS or Apple products and I really don't like to help people who do. I have some really hard line values and strong opinions about this and I'll spare everyone the details.

I do often get frustrated when people run straight to this list without much effort on their part to understand a problem, find a solution and/or write a good, detailed post. I've gladly Googled and helped other people on this list many times without incident simply because maybe I've more time or maybe a bit more insight or because their problem is also interesting to me.

I think this issue particularly triggering for me because I'm on YouTube a lot as a hobbyist musician and I take internet privacy more seriously than most internet users. So when I saw Richard's post it kinda made my hair stand up on my back and I started furiously researching this issue only to find out it wasn't a real thing.

Richard, I apologize for my snarky and unhelpful comments and my "we don't do Windows" comment that was made more in jest. I'm not a moderator and I don't speak for anyone else on the PLUG mailing list. In the future, I'll continue to strive to be helpful when I can and not an unhelpful jerk.

Sincere Regards,

Mike Connors

I was more surprised/confused than offended as I thought I understood what was acceptable.