On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 11:28 AM Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tomas,
>
> I like your essay--it covers a lot of the factors.
>
> Quote;
>     * mandating open access for customers and service suppliers
>     * mandating non discriminatory and transparent pricing - this alone
> could improve many bad things - imagine the same price for everyone
> with the same service and charged as published
>     * ban on service bundling other than - sum of available individual
> parts
> End Quote.
>
> Can these be done  without any digging?  These items cover many of the
> complaints I have about the presently available services.

Unfortunately, they require digging ... the graves of the people in charge
of federal telecommunication policy. Metaphorically, of course.

The underlying philosophy of federal regulation is that: a) we need new
infrastructure; b) we need to create incentives for people to invest in new
infrastructure; c) those incentives amount to "with investment comes
ownership and exclusive control".  In practice, that ownership and control
means the extraction of maximum profit, because that's the kind of
incentive normal capitalism understands. I suggest that there are other
incentives, for example: freedom from exploitation. But the only way for
users to get that in the current model that only gives control to
investment is to invest. Directly.

--
Russell Senior
russ...@personaltelco.net