Autoresponders are the work of the devil and should be avoided at all costs.

One forum I subscribed to had a fellow that set up an autoresponder for
every email he received advising he would be out of the office for two
weeks. Of course it replied to every message from the forum, including his
replies. It generated thousands of messages in a matter of hours. This was
long ago and I was traveling at the time, using 1200 baud dial-up in truck
stops to get my mail. I was limited to 20-30 minutes at a time, but if I
did not download all the pending messages, it started all over again  at
the next connection. To this day, folks on that forum occasionally recall
the "Faron Oscillator", named for the poor guy who made the error.

Michael