On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 7:24 PM Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I presume that this is the patch removing ext3 kernel driver.
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/7/15/438
>
> -T

Rich was concerned about the origins of a logwatch message for one of his
filesystems, which makes sense, his drives are using an old filesystem, so
it sends him a friendly warning.

The removal of the driver is only relevant in the sense that it makes such
warnings a guarantee. The driver is gone, but EXT3 is still actively being
used. So on modern systems you see a benine message pointing to a potential
point of failure.