I am not against security, do not get me wrong - This is about freedom
to control my computer - that implies that there should be reasonable
way to do that and be able to authenticate and/or disable it - simply
use it.

If the only choice to control ones own audio device is not to install
modern linux anymore - that does not seems to be marching in the right
direction, IMHO. I could have done that without problems 2 years ago on
number of modern distros.

That said, I am not sure what lawyers have to do with access to my
audio, screen, file system, gpio, etc. and which lawyer's specifically.

-Tomas