Mnyb wrote:
> Thankyou for your sumary of your efforts .
>
> Remote music library ? can it conect to a VPN ? I just want to avoid the
> otherwise easy just open the ports for LMS solution , because its
> unsecure (see some treads about people being harrassed in the middle of
> the nigth )

I think a Remote Library will work via OpenVPN client as long as you
only want one player and that is located or the same Pi as the (empty)
LMS install. Another player on the same network would see the Remote
Library via the local LMS but wouldn't be able to play. A separate
controller would however work.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes