Heads up about a hardware issue that can cause intermittent audio from a
Chromecast Audio.

I have been running a Chromecast Audio with LMS for many months now,
using line out from the 3.5 mm jack, and lately it started working
intermittently.
It turns out that the 3.5 mm jack internal spring contacts are getting
flaky.
I had to open up the CA and solder left/right/ground output wires
directly to the jack 3.5mm jack contacts, and insert a dummy 3.5mm plug
to force the analog out mode to be active, in order to get reliable
audio out.

Here is a link to a interim DIY powered box I put together using the CA
to run my patio speakers Facebook page set to public):
https://www.facebook.com/lukas.louw/media_set?set=a.10207820521331200.1073741834.1239856473&type=1

Lukas