JPatten wrote:
> It turns out Triodes repository was the issue. I have now loaded the
> 1.52 version. All working well for non-UK streams. Still silence on UK
> streams although showing 320kbs,CBR, acc. It appears to be streaming but
> no sound. I wonder if it is some form of networking issue where I am
> routing out through our UK IP (my company has a both a UK and Irish IP
> presence). Possibly detecting upstream that I am in Ireland and muting?
> It was all working very well a few weeks back.

BBC is always updating IP address which it has found are being used to
bypass geo-ip locking.

Other things to try to see if BBC thinks you are not in UK.

1. Web Based BBCiPlayer - can you play TV programs ?  web based Radio
will work for non UK (with BBC beta enabled it will use DASH)
2. Play non UK R5 Sport - this has been blocked  but if not during live
sports (e.g. cricket v India) will be blocked.
3. R3 HTTP/AAC  320kbps - UK only. No need for plugins to play.  Will
also play on any PC media player that can play normal AAC radio
streams.
http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/http-icy-aac-lc-a/format/pls/vpid/bbc_radio_three.pls