PasTim wrote:
> I've just tested this morning with vlc 3 and the plugin was nearly 3
> minutes behind.
>
> I also believe you said previously that only the live prom was in flac,
> and the rest was still aac, even though displayed on the LMS web info as
> being flc. Is that correct?

No. The BBC R3 Flac stream is always in Flac. Once data is being sent
from plugin to a player it cannot change format without stopping and
restarting.

Perhaps I didn't explain my theory properly in the previous post. DASH
stream allows for some of the characteristics can change dynamically
while streams is playing. I'm wondering whether some of the parameters
which are used to calculate the "Live edge" (e.g. the segment number of
the lastest available segment) change from "Normal " BBC R3 to when
broadcasting  "Prom live".