PasTim wrote:
> That's what I thought, but I got confused by something someone said in
> some early post.
>
> Just to be clear, I'm using the flac manifest
> (http://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net/al/lossless/client_manifest.mpd)
> with vlc 3, so the time difference is for flac (rather than aac or
> anything else) through vlc versus the plugin.
>
> My seconds to delay is 'no delay'
> With VLC I'm playing though pulseaudio to headphones - there may be some
> slight resampling going on
> With LMS the player is squeezelite - my normal settings there do
> transcode up somewhat, but this normally gives next to no delay -
> certainly not minutes

I know there is a delay but on my setup it is not consistent. TRying to
see what make the difference.
What timezone is the LMS server in ? (segment number calculation has
make allowance for difference between server time and BBC CDN time)

What version of VLC ?  I installed a supposed nighly build but there is
no support for DASH Flac.

Code:

  VLC media player 3.0.0-git Vetinari (revision
3.0.0~~git20160813+r65787+62~ubuntu16.04.1)
  VLC version 3.0.0-git Vetinari (3.0.0~~git20160813+r65787+62~ubuntu16.04.1)