Man in a van wrote:
> Gerrelt, I think the problem with the NAS is likey to be
>
> a) the processor
>
> and
>
> b) the install of
> IO::Socket::SSL
> onto the NAS.
>
> If you search back through the thread, you might find a post or two
> about folk who have had similar problems.
>
> Ronnie

Yeah, it might be the processor (as Alfisti pointed out also).

I did get SSL installed on my Qnap nas, with the help op this post:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=810751&viewfull=1#post810751

But I've upgraded the instructions to the latest versions.
This might help other people, so I will re-post the updated instructions
here:

Code:
--------------------
    ipkg install openssl openssl-dev
  ipkg install make
  ipkg install gcc

  cd /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer
  mkdir tmp
  cd tmp

  wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/A/AB/ABH/Mozilla-CA-20160104.tar.gz
  tar zxvf Mozilla-CA-20160104.tar.gz
  cd Mozilla-CA-20160104
  ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make install
  cd ..

  wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
  tar zxvf Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
  cd Net-SSLeay-1.81
  OPENSSL_PREFIX=/opt ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make install
  cd ..

  wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SU/SULLR/IO-Socket-SSL-2.049.tar.gz
  tar zxvf IO-Socket-SSL-2.049.tar.gz
  cd IO-Socket-SSL-2.049
  ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make install
  cd ..
--------------------

After installing it, the SSL error message dissapeared from the logs,
but I still got this error:

Code:
--------------------
    6307: sh: head: command not found
  6306: sh:
/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf:
 No such file or directory
  6305: [17-07-29 11:24:08.0292] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (504) Last
error:
  6304: [17-07-29 11:24:08.0268] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (503)
Didn't find Spotty helper application!

I've tried starting the spotty-hf executable by hand, but it produced
the same error message, No such file or directory.
To be clear,this message is produced by spotty-hf, the file itself is
there, and the path to it is correct too.

I am considering moving LMS to one of my raspberries.