bpa wrote:
> Did you first test with a simple source such as aplay ?
I played around with aplay and speaker-test. I managed to run the sound
detection script successfully, it generated the sample wav and did the
analysis with sox - but didn' notice any sound.

> The "unable to open slave" error sounds like the device which is being
> "snooped" is not in use.
I think that yesterday the sound detection script only worked because it
was "listening" to Card 0 (which was the onbourd sound chip before my
changes), while the LiquidSoap script was still configured to listen to
Card 1 (which was the USB sound card before my changes).
It seems to me that the "busy" message occurs because there are two
items trying to access the same card.
Will now de-activate liquidsoap and try again...

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin