I've deactivated LiquidSoap and Icecast now. When I start the playback
of a sound file with

Code:
--------------------
    aplay -vv -D hw:0,0 test.wav

--------------------
, it play all right (at least the "VU meter shown with -vv is alive)
However, when I try to record with

Code:
--------------------
    /usr/bin/arecord -D plughw:0,0 -d 30 -f S16_LE > sample.wav
--------------------

or

Code:
--------------------
    /usr/bin/arecord -d 15 sample2.wav

there are no errors, the wav file is generated - but no sound in it. In
the latter case there is some noise.
I'm not sure whether it has to do with the fact that there is a plug in
the mic/line in of the soundcard and arecord tries to record from this
source instead from the playback. I wasn't able to find the parameters
to tell arecord to capture the playback - are there?

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin